MidnightViews Week 4
It was a Sunday of walk-offs and blowouts. Let's recap:
· Lions vs Cowboys: 26-24 Cowboys. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot lead Dallas to its most impressive win of the season. Lions fought hard and played well but in the end Ezekiel Elliot proved to be too much in both the passing game and running attack. Cowboys won on a walk off field goal.
· Bengals vs Falcons: 37-36 Bengals. This game was a razzle dazzle game with both offenses having ample success moving the ball. This game did not disappoint as there was no shortage of offensive talent. A long and seemingly endless late game drive saw Andy Dalton connect with AJ Green with 1 second left on the clock to give the Bengals a 37-36 ROAD victory. Good win for the Bengals
· Eagles vs Titans: 26-23 OT Titans. Super Bowl hangover in full effect.
· Buccaneers vs Bears: 48-10 Bears: Ryan Fitzpatrick crashes back to earth while Mitchell Trubisky floats to cloud 9 with a 6 touchdown performance.
· Bills vs Packers: 22-0. The last time the Packers defense pitched a shutout was in 2010 vs the Jets. The Bills are simply the worst team in football through 4 weeks (yes worse than the Raiders).
· Jets vs Jaguars: 31-12 Jaguars. Jacksonville just wanted to survive this game. They did. Bortles made a few great throws and Jacksonville's defense and special teams leads the way in a cruise control win.
· Dolphins vs Patriots: 38-7 Patriots. Patriots power past division rivals with a breakout performance by rookie Sony Michel (25 carries 112 yards).
· Texans vs Colts: 37-34 OT Texans. Andrew Luck had a magnificent 4th quarter as he led the Colts on a comeback forcing overtime. Facing a 4th and 4 on their own 43 with 27 seconds left in OT, Head Coach Frank Reich made a decision to go for it and it backfired. Deshaun Watson hit DeAndre Hopkins on the next play for 24 yards and set up the game winning field goal. Texans finally get in the win column.
· Seahawks vs Cardinals: 20-17 Seahawks. Rookie QB Josh Rosen made his first start in the NFL and had his team in position to take a late lead with under 2 minutes left. Unfortunately the Cardinals missed the field goal and the Seahawks went down the field and kicked a FG as time expired to beat the win-less Cardinals. The story of this game however was Earl Thomas. Thomas suffered a season ending injury and as the Seahawks all pro was being carted off the field he offered a not so nice gesture to his Coaches that surely made Stone Cold Steve Austin proud.
· Browns vs Raiders: 45-42 OT. This game turned into a fun shootout as both offenses exchanged a mixture of good and bad plays. Ultimately a late drive in OT by Oakland give Jon Gruden his first win since being back on the sidelines.
· Saints vs Giants: 33-18 Saints. Alvin Kamara and Drew Brees pick at Giants defense for 60 minutes. The Giants just aren't a very good football team.
· 49ers vs Chargers: 29-27 Chargers. The Chargers avoid exile from Views from the 22 yet again as they survive the 49ers.
· Ravens vs Steelers: 26-14 Ravens. The Steelers are simply not a 60 minute football team. They can fix that with the snap of a finger if they bring back Le'Veon Bell.